Automated Traveling Radio Frequency Welder
The RFlex Travel is a radio frequency welder that is designed for the production of tarpaulins, tents, truck tarps, high speed doors, and any other flexible Polyvinyl chloride (PVC) or Polyurethanes (PU) product. Line up your material with the lasers on the track, let the vacuum work table hold your material in place, press a button, and let the travel head do the welding for you. Reliable and effortless production.
How does Radio Frequency Work?
Radio Frequency (RF), also known as High Frequency (HF) or Dielectric welding, is the process of fusing materials together by applying radio frequency energy to the area to be joined. The heating process in the RF sealing occurs from the inside out.
Watch our demonstration video or read more to learn more.
You can now weld a larger surface area with less power, maintain consistent welds with our auto-tuning technology, protect your electrodes and material with ultrafast monitoring of arcs and overloads and more.
ENDLESS WELD TYPES
With standard and custom dies available, you have the ability to create an endless number of seam types on the RFlex you need. Give us the desired shape of die you need, and we will design it for you.
- Simple to setup and easy to operate
- Universal usage for PVC, PU, TPU, reinforced technical textiles
- Easy material handling with work table length up to 100m
- New generation stable and efficient RF power generator
- Easily change dies with QuickGRIP release system of the electrodes
- Easier material placement and better visualization of weld with built in LED illumination and laser guides
- Manual, semi-automatic and automatic operation
- 10″ touch screen HMI panel
- MW safeDOWN anti-crush electrode safety motion system
- Fully automated weld cycles with 100 weld cycle recipe memory
- Auto-tuning for steady RF power feed to assure consistent welds
- High production capacity with fully programmable PLC
- RF emission protection.
- Custom dies available for versatile production
- Line up your material and the traveling head will continuously weld
- Easy to use intuitive operating menu with machine specific software
- Ultrafast monitoring of arcs and overloads for protecting the integrity of the electrodes and the welded material
- X OPTION – optional transverse ± 2.4 inches to 4.75 inches weld head motion
- Optional -For welding non-RF weldable fabrics, the RFlex can be fitted with an impulse electrode
- Optional – Lock your fabric in place with a vacuum system on your work table
Advanced technology = less power(kw) needed!
The RFlex is designed to cover a large range of power output configurations with the use of our exclusive RF auto-tuning system. The RFlex welder at its core is a 15kw RF powered machine. However, our efficient eco-RF machine will perform as a 17kw-22kw welder. The RFlex allows you to weld up to 100in² of linear configuration.
Use our kw calculator to determine your required power requirements based upon your area to weld.
Over 6,500 installations of the RFlex worldwide
Our dedicated service team is fully trained on radio frequency welding, hot air welding, hot wedge welding & impulse welding. When purchasing a machine, you are gaining a customer service team that specializes in all fabric welding technologies and will take care of you. We have 15 technicians that travel all over the world to teach our customers how to operate their equipment.
What happens after you purchase a machine?
- One of our certified field service engineers will contact you to schedule your installation and training day at your facility
- We provide you with the tools you need to know to get your site and team ready for their day of installation and training
- Your staff will receive extensive training on operation, maintenance and most importantly, how to make your products.
No experience needed to operate your new welder. However, our most successful operators have good hand-eye coordination and are committed to creating a quality product. Most of our customers are making finished products by the end of the day!
Partnered with a Radio Frequency Expert
In 2019 we partnered with ZeMat, the largest European manufacturer of Radio Frequency machines in the western hemisphere. In working toward our goal of being the first choice globally for all industrial fabric welding technologies, this relationship was the logical next step. Our experience, plus Zemat’s 60+ years experience, is the perfect combination to provide our customers every technology that they need throughout their production.
“We are thrilled to be offering the world’s most versatile radio frequency machine. We recognize the majority of our customers use multiple technologies and we want to be their first choice. We are now offering a combination of European technology and American service and support.”
-Jeff Sponseller, VP of marketing & sales.
- Three Phase – 240 Volts
- Three Phase – 400 Volts
- Three Phase – 480 Volts
- Air Cooled Metal-Ceramic Triode
- 1.2m (47 inches)
- Optional- 1.5m (59 inches)
- 0.16m (6.3 inches)
- 2cfm @ 120 psi
- Approx. 15kw
- Width – 1.7m
- Height – 2.4m
- Weight – 1,100kg
Work Table Dimensions:
- Length – Up to 100m (3,937 inches)
- Width – 31 inches
- 0.6 x 0.4m (23.62 x 15.74 inches)
- QuickGRIP, pneumatic
*Depending on the application, the seam width, and the type of material used
Sign up to be part of our MW Insiders where you will get updates on machine updates, frequently asked questions and tech tips. Put us in the hands of your operators to help ensure you are making money with your machine.'SIGN UP
Facebook, Twitter, Linked In and Pinterest are just another way to stay involved with Miller Weldmaster. See our company culture; get updates on upcoming events, new products. A simply means to stay connected.