Impulse Welding Machines
Leaders in heat seaming technologies…
Miller Weldmaster’s impulse welding machines are created to be a leading solution for heat seaming projects. Our impulse welders are used to make strong, smooth seams between thermoplastics.
What is Impulse Welding?
Impulse welding is a hot-bar method of welding thermoplastics. In an impulse welding machine, pressure is applied to the seam area by two impulse-heating bars. Heat is created by pulsing energy through the heating element in the top and bottom bars for the duration of the weld. After a set weld time is completed, liquid is flushed through the impulse bars to allow a cool down cycle, helping eliminate wrinkles.
Why Choose Impulse Welding?
Impulse welding machines:
- Give the cleanest seams with simplistic welding parameters. Because both parts of the sealing process occur under pressure – both fusion and cooling – the seals are strong and clean upon removal.
- Consume less energy than other welding technologies do. Impulse welders take less time to begin use, as the heat bars are heated nearly instantly.
- Can be used quickly as initial heating does not take long to complete
- Lower the risk of injury by not keeping heating elements hot at all times
- Create strong seams for diverse manufacturing jobs – our machines make tarpaulins, billboards, banners, tents, pools, awnings, inflatables, truck covers, and more
Need more information about our impulse welding solutions? Contact us today and find out how Miller Weldmaster’s machines can help your production go smoother.
Not sure if an impulse welder is right for you? Take our short quiz and let us help you narrow down what type of machine will be best for you!