Types of Information & Data We Collect
Miller Weldmaster and its controlled affiliates collect “Personal Information” and “Machine Data.” Personal Information is information that can be used to identify, locate or contact you. It also includes other information about you that we tie to Personal Information. Miller Weldmaster and its controlled affiliates collect the following types of Personal Information:
- Contact Information that allows us to identify and to communicate with you, such as your name, phone number, username, mailing address, email address, and language preference.
- Relationship Information that helps us understand who you are and what you want in order to offer you products and services that may interest you, such as property, business information, your general location, and other demographic information.
- Transaction Information about how you interact with us, our dealers and business partners, including purchases, inquiries, and customer accounts.
- Financial Account Information as needed to complete your purchase, such as your credit card information and information about equipment financing and leasing activities.
Machine Data is data generated by, collected by, or stored in your equipment or any hardware or device interfacing with your equipment. Machine data includes the location of your equipment, the number of hours on your machine, and equipment diagnostic data.
How Miller Weldmaster Collects Information & Data
Directly From You: We collect Personal Information directly from you. We will ask you for Personal Information (e.g. Contact Information and Relationship Information) when you interact with us, such as when you register on our websites, sign up to receive a newsletter, or make a purchase. We may collect additional Relationship Information from third party data suppliers who enhance our files and help us better understand our customers, or from social media sites such as Facebook, if you “Like” our pages or join our communities. We also collect Personal Information when you contact us, such as for customer service purposes.
From Our Controlled Affiliates, Dealers, and Other Business Partners: When you purchase a product or obtain financing, we collect Personal Information (e.g. Transaction Information and Financial Account Information) from our dealers and financial affiliates. We may also collect Personal Information from third parties (such as when we obtain credit information or need to verify information that you have provided) in order to complete your purchase or grant financing.
From Your Equipment: If your equipment settings allow it, we collect Machine Data from your equipment or devices via Miller Connect, or other similar services. We treat this information as Personal Information if it is associated with your Contact Information.
How Miller Weldmaster Uses Information & Data (the “Purposes”)
Miller Weldmaster uses Personal Information and Machine Data for a variety of purposes, including:
- Customer Service: to fulfill orders for products or services, and for other services related to your order, such as product delivery, maintenance, warranty service, financing and credit services;
- Product and Customer Support: to provide support, including monitoring and managing the maintenance of your machines, to deliver upgrades and product improvement program communications, and for diagnostics and repairs, and product safety;
- Marketing: to provide you with communications and offers for products and services from Miller Weldmaster or our dealers, suppliers and partners, including offers based on your interests, personal and business characteristics and location;
- Surveys & Promotional Events: to administer surveys, polls, sweepstakes, contests, loyalty programs and other promotional events;
- Eligibility: to determine if you are eligible for certain products, services or offers;
- Communications: to provide you with information that may be of interest, such as Miller Weldmaster news, company magazines, catalogs, announcements, reminders, and technical service bulletins; and
- Manage Our Everyday Business Needs: such as payment processing and financial account management, product development, product safety, contract management, website administration, web-forum management, order or contract fulfillment, analytics, fraud prevention, corporate governance, reporting and legal compliance.
Why Information & Data are Disclosed by Miller Weldmaster
Miller Weldmaster understands that you may not want us to provide Personal Information and Machine Data to third parties for their own marketing purposes. We limit our sharing of Personal Information and Machine Data as follows:
- We may share Personal Information and Machine Data with our affiliated companies, suppliers, authorized Miller Weldmaster dealers and distributors, and business partners, which may use it for the Purposes listed above.
- We may also share Personal Information and Machine Data with our service providers to fulfill the Purposes on our behalf. Our service providers are bound by law or contract to protect the information and data, and to only use it in accordance with our instructions.
- We may disclose Personal Information and Machine Data where needed to affect the sale or transfer of business assets, to enforce our rights, protect our property, or protect the rights, property or safety of others, or as needed to support external auditing, compliance and corporate governance functions. We will also disclose Personal Information and Machine Data when required to do so by law, such as in response to a subpoena, including to law enforcement agencies and courts in the United States and other countries where we operate.
Please note that we may also disclose information and data about you that is not personally identifiable. For example, we may publish reports that contain aggregated and statistical data about our customers and equipment. These reports do not contain information that would enable the recipient to contact, locate or identify you.
Cookies and Similar Collection Technologies
When you visit our website or use our mobile applications, we collect certain information by automated means, using technologies such as cookies, pixel tags, browser analysis tools, server logs and web beacons.
For example, when you visit our website, we place cookies on your computer. Cookies are small text files that websites send to your computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings in your browser. Cookies allow us to recognize you when you return. They also help us provide a customized experience and enable us to detect certain kinds of fraud.
We collect many different types of information from cookies and other technologies. For example, we may collect information about the device you use to access our website, your operating system type, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone where your device is located. Our server logs also may record the IP address or derivative of the device you use to connect to the Internet. An IP address is a unique identifier that devices use to identify and communicate with each other on the Internet. We may also collect information about the website you were visiting before you came to Miller Weldmaster and the website you visit after you leave our site.
In many cases, the information we collect using cookies and other tools is only used in a non-identifiable way, without reference to Personal Information. For example, we use information we collect about website users to optimize our websites and to understand website traffic patterns.
In some cases, we do associate the information we collect using cookies and other technology with your Personal Information. Additionally, if the settings on your geo-aware mobile devices permit our mobile applications to collect location information, we will collect that information automatically. This Statement governs how we use all of this information when we associate it with your Personal Information.
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments about our privacy practices or this Privacy Statement. You can reach us online at PrivacyManager@Weldmaster.com. Alternatively, you may visit the “How to Contact Us” section below for our contact information.
Access and Correction
Miller Weldmaster complies with applicable law regarding your ability to access, correct and delete your Personal Information. If you need assistance updating or deleting your Personal Information, please contact us via email to PrivacyManager@weldmaster.com. You can also write us at the address in the How to Contact Us section below. If you send us a letter, please provide your name, address, email address, and detailed information about the change you would like to make.
Information & Data Security
Miller Weldmaster has implemented an information and data security program that contains administrative, technical and physical controls that are designed to reasonably safeguard Personal Information and Machine Data. For example, we use industry-standard encryption technology to secure your Financial Account Information and other sensitive Personal Information when it is being collected and transmitted over the Internet.
Transfer of Information & Data to Other Countries
Miller Weldmaster is headquartered in the United States of America and its controlled affiliates are located in various countries throughout the world. Personal Information and Machine Data may be accessed by or transferred to the United States or to our controlled affiliates and data processors elsewhere in the world for the Purposes described in this Privacy Statement. When we access or transfer Personal Information and Machine Data, we do so in compliance with applicable law. Additionally, we protect the privacy and security of Personal Information and Machine Data, regardless of where it is processed or stored.
Privacy Policies of Third Parties
This Privacy Statement only addresses the use and disclosure of information and data by Miller Weldmaster. Other websites that may be accessible through this website have their own privacy policies and practices. Our independent dealers, suppliers and business partners have their own privacy policies and practices too. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the privacy statements provided by all third parties prior to providing them with information or taking advantage of an offer or promotion.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
From time to time, we may update this Privacy Statement to reflect new or different privacy practices. We will place a notice on our homepage when we make material changes to this Privacy Statement. Additionally, if the changes will materially affect the way we use or disclose previously collected Personal Information, we may also notify you about the change by sending a notice to you.
How to contact us
4220 Alabama Ave S.W. Navarre, OH 44662 USA
This document was last updated on May 22, 2018