Types of Information & Data We Collect
Miller Weldmaster and its controlled affiliates collect “Personal Information” and “Machine Data.” Personal Information is information that can be used to identify, locate or contact you, and the specific elements of Personal Information may vary based on applicable law, all of which we take the actions described below to protect. It also includes other information avaliable about you that we link to your Personal Information. Miller Weldmaster and its controlled affiliates collect the following types of Personal Information:
- Contact Information that allows us to identify and to communicate with you, such as your name, phone number, username, mailing address, email address, and language preference.
- Relationship Information that helps us understand who you are and what you want in order to offer you products and services that may interest you, such as property, business information, your general location, and other demographic information.
- Transaction Information about how you interact with us, our dealers and business partners, including purchases, inquiries, and customer accounts.
- Financial Account Information as needed to complete your purchase, such as your credit card information and information about equipment financing and leasing activities.
How Miller Weldmaster Collects Information & Data
Directly From You: We collect Personal Information directly from you. We will ask you for Personal Information (e.g. Contact Information and Relationship Information) when you interact with us, such as when you register on our websites, sign up to receive a newsletter, make a purchase, or contact us for sales, service, parts, and other customer service purposes. We may collect additional Relationship Information from third party data suppliers who enhance our files and help us better understand our customers, or from social media sites such as Facebook, if you “Like” our pages or join our communities.
From Our Controlled Affiliates, Dealers, and Other Business Partners: When you purchase a product or obtain financing, we collect Personal Information (e.g. Transaction Information and Financial Account Information) from our dealers and financial affiliates. We may also collect Personal Information from third parties (such as when we obtain credit information or need to verify information that you have provided) in order to complete your purchase or grant financing.
From Your Equipment: If your equipment settings allow it, we collect Machine Data from your equipment or devices via Miller Connect, or other similar services. We treat this information as Personal Information if it is associated with your Contact Information.
How Miller Weldmaster Uses Information & Data (the “Purposes”)
Miller Weldmaster uses Personal Information and Machine Data for a variety of purposes, including:
- Website: to provide our Website and its contents to you;
- Sales and Customer Service: to fulfill orders for products or services, and for other services related to your order, such as product delivery, maintenance, warranty service, financing and credit services;
- Product and Customer Support: to provide support, including monitoring and managing the maintenance of your machines, to deliver upgrades and product improvement program communications, and for diagnostics and repairs, and product safety or recall information, and responding to comments, questions, or concerns;
- Marketing: to provide you with communications and offers for products and services from Miller Weldmaster or our dealers, suppliers and partners, including offers based on your interests, personal and business characteristics and location;
- Surveys & Promotional Events: to administer surveys, polls, sweepstakes, contests, loyalty programs and other promotional events;
- Eligibility: to determine if you are eligible for certain products, services or offers;
- Communications: to provide you with information that may be of interest, such as Miller Weldmaster news, company magazines, catalogs, announcements, reminders, and technical service bulletins; and
- Manage Our Everyday Business Needs: such as payment processing and financial account management, product development, product safety, contract management and obligations, website administration, web-forum management, order or contract fulfillment, analytics, fraud prevention, to detect unlawful activity, maintain corporate governance, reporting and legal compliance, and preventing and managing claims and liabilities.
- Additional Uses: We may also use Personal Information or Machine Data in other ways for which we will describe at the time of collection.
Legal Basis for Collecting, Using and Processing Personal Information and Machine Data:
- Our legal basis for collecting and using the Personal Information described above will depend on the Personal Information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
- We will normally collect Personal Information from you only (i) where we have your consent to do so (ii) where we need the Personal Information to perform a contract with you, or (iii) where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms afforded by applicable laws. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect Personal Information from you or may otherwise need the Personal Information to protect your, our, or a third party’s vital interests.
- By providing information on or through the Website you are consenting to the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information and Machine Data described in this Notice.
- If we ask you to provide Personal Information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your Personal Information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your Personal Information).
Cookies and Similar Collection Technologies
When you visit our website or use our mobile applications, we collect certain information by automated means, using technologies such as cookies, pixel tags, browser analysis tools, server logs and web beacons.
For example, when you visit our website, we place cookies on your computer. Cookies are small text files that websites send to your computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings in your browser. Cookies allow us to recognize you when you return. They also help us provide a customized experience and enable us to detect certain kinds of fraud or other threats to our website.
We collect many different types of information from cookies and other technologies. For example, we may collect information about the device you use to access our website, your operating system type, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone where your device is located. Our server logs also may record the IP address or derivative of the device you use to connect to the Internet. An IP address is a unique identifier that devices use to identify and communicate with each other on the Internet. We may also collect information about the website you were visiting before you came to Miller Weldmaster and the website you visit after you leave our site for analytical purposes.
In many cases, the information we collect using cookies and other tools is only used in a non-identifiable way, without reference to Personal Information. For example, we use information we collect about website users to optimize our websites and to understand website traffic patterns in order to provide you with the best possible browsing experience.
In some cases, we do associate the information we collect using cookies and other technology with your Personal Information. Additionally, if the settings on your geo-aware mobile devices permit our mobile applications to collect location information, we will collect that information automatically. This Notice governs how we use all of this information when we associate it with your Personal Information.
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments about our privacy practices or this Privacy Notice. You can reach us online at PrivacyManager@Weldmaster.com. Alternatively, you may visit the “How to Contact Us” section below for our contact information.
If you choose not to provide certain Personal Information or Machine Data, we may not be able to provide you with requested products, services, or information.
You may also remove yourself from our email mailing lists by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link located at the bottom of the email. You acknowledge that opting out of communications does not affect our communication with you via telephone or email regarding your orders or other sales or service transactions.
Access and Correction, Retention and Deletion
Miller Weldmaster complies with applicable law regarding your ability to access, correct and delete your Personal Information. If you need assistance updating or deleting your Personal Information, please contact us via email to PrivacyManager@weldmaster.com. You can also write us at the address in the How to Contact Us section below. If you send us a letter, please provide your name, address, email address, and detailed information about the change you would like to make. We will process all requests and inquires in accordance with applicable law.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 (“Shine the Light Law”) permits individual California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. To make such a request, please Contact Us.
California residents are entitled once a year, free of charge, to request and obtain certain information regarding our disclosure, if any, of certain categories of Personal Information to third parties for their marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. We do not share or sell Personal Information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please Contact Us. Please also visit California Attorney General’s page on the California Consumer Protection Act here to learn more about these rights.
We keep your Personal Information and Machine Data for only as long as we think is reasonably necessary or advisable in order to provide you with products and services, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. We reserve the right to retain it to the full extent permitted by applicable law to comply with our legal requirements. At the end of the retention period or when we no longer have a legitimate business need to process and retain your Personal Information or Machine Data, we will delete or anonymize the data or if due to archival constraints we are unable to fully delete the data we will continue to securely maintain it until we are able to fully delete it.
In addition, you can object to processing of your Personal Information or Machine Data, ask us to restrict processing your Personal Information or Machine Data, or request portability of your Personal Data by Contacting Us.
You have the right to complain to a data protection authority where you reside, as applicable, about our collection and use of your Personal Information and Machine Data.
Information & Data Security
Miller Weldmaster uses appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect Personal Information and Machine Data. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your Personal Information and the Machine Data. We have implemented an information and data security program that contains administrative, technical and physical controls that are designed to reasonably safeguard Personal Information and Machine Data. For example, we use industry-standard encryption technology to secure your Financial Account Information and other sensitive Personal Information when it is being collected and transmitted over the Internet.
Transfer of Information & Data to Other Countries
Miller Weldmaster is headquartered in the United States of America and its controlled affiliates are located in various countries throughout the world. Personal Information and Machine Data may be accessed by or transferred to the United States or to our controlled affiliates and data processors elsewhere in the world for the Purposes described in this Notice. When we access or transfer Personal Information and Machine Data, we do so in compliance with applicable law. Additionally, we protect the privacy and security of Personal Information and Machine Data, regardless of where it is processed or stored.
Your Personal Information and Machine Data may be transferred to and processed in countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection and privacy laws that are different to the laws of your country.
However, we have taken appropriate safeguards to require that your Personal Information will remain protected in accordance with this Notice. These include, when applicable, implementing the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses for transfers of personal data between our group companies, which require all group companies to protect personal data they process from the European Economic Area (EEA) in accordance with European Union data protection law.
Privacy Policies of Third Parties
This Privacy Notice only addresses the collection, use and disclosure of information and data by Miller Weldmaster. Other websites that may be accessible through this website have their own privacy policies and practices. Our independent dealers, suppliers and business partners have their own privacy policies and practices too. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the privacy statements provided by all third parties prior to providing them with information or taking advantage of an offer or promotion.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. The Website is not directed to children and we do not knowingly collect and Personal Information from children. If a child under the age of 13 has provided us with Personal Information online, we ask that a parent or guardian please contact us.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
From time to time, we may update this Privacy Notice to reflect new or different privacy practices as well as changes in global privacy laws. We will place a notice on our homepage when we make material changes to this Privacy Statement. Additionally, if the changes will materially affect the way we use or disclose previously collected Personal Information, we may also notify you about the change by sending a notice to you.
How to contact us
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this site, please contact us at:
4220 Alabama Ave S.W. Navarre, OH 44662 USA
This document was last updated on December 19th, 2019