When most people think tarp, they think of the regular blue tarp.
The blue tarp has become so popular because of its great combination of durability and affordability.
While blue tarps are great for a number of applications, different color tarps do suit different purposes, so be sure to do your research before buying a tarp. Here’s just a glimpse into what different tarp colors are meant for:
- Blue, green and brown tarps: These tarps are great for general construction or landscape.
There are; however, multiple materials to choose from when selecting a tarp for a construction or home DIY project. Read our blog post on the best construction tarps for help making your selection.
- Orange, red and yellow tarps: When visibility of the object you’re covering is high priority, these brightly colored tarps are the best choice.
- Clear tarps: These tarps are great when your covered object needs a lot of light, but still needs protection from natural elements.
- White tarps: These tarps are specifically designed to provide some shade, while also allowing a little bit of natural light to shine through.
- Black tarps: Usually treated with UV coatings to provide extended life in sunlight,
black tarps absorb heat and allow your covered objects to remain cool. If you’re looking for a tarp designed to withstand continuous, extended outdoor exposure, black is the way to go.